12.13.2010

Vietnam

Ho Chi Minh City, formerly known as Saigon is the largest city in Vietnam. Ho Chi Minh city is ranked as the 3rd most expensive city of South-East Asia after Singapore and Hanoi. Truly a wonderful city with rich Vietnamese culture and traditions.

Beautiful photos of colorful Saigon for you to see. Tons ahead, enjoy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic




The city's core is adorned with huge elegant temples and historical French colonial structures. We visited the popular sites like the majestic Giac Lam Temple, Reunification Palace, Notre-Dame Cathedral, Cho Lon as China Town and the busy Bến Thành market. Dining at The Deck, over looking the Mekong River and riding the cyclo solo was pretty amazing to appreciate more the beauty of Saigon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic




I was totally surprised by the beauty of Ho Chi Minh City and even more dazzled by the deep history the city has to offer. Touring Vietnam with dearest mom was unforgettable. She fell in love with the city twice and I think I'll be back again to see the beach part of Vietnam with siblings. That'll be twice the fun!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sorry for the long post and for being away forever. Will share other photos of my Vietnam tour next. I love that I blended so well, as usual I was inspired by the surroundings.

I am wearing a P30 thrifted cocktail leather dress, thrifted Chinese top worn as cape, mom's 10 year old vintage wood necklace, vintage bracelets, Vietnam hat, Fendi shades, Topshop ballerina flats, LV speedy 30

29 comments:

Vianca Soleil said...

to see the beach part with siblings---including me !?! cross fingers ! flight is very soon dear sister... yaahoooo but sshhhhh for now.. :)

www.janetteria.com said...

Thanks for sharing...gorgeous!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Dressing Up For Me said...

Gorgeous photos! You look so Vietnamese. ;) Oh and is that a leather dress you´re wearing? Woooww! :)

mikenbecca said...

beautiful indeed!!! kaya pala MIA ka, nag lakwatsa ka na naman hehe!!! Miss your post!!!

http://reesemilania.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

All the vibrant colors everywhere... so gorgeous!

Melanie@UnravelledThreads
Follow @UnraveldTreads on Twitter!

Melai said...

Wow mukhang ang saya saya naman niyan! :) Love your outfit dear at salamat sa comment sa blog ko :)

hearts,
Melai of Style and Soul

Anonymous said...

Noelle, love the photos! Ang ganda! And your outfit, very Vietnamese I love it! Love how you wore the top as a cape. The hat and the necklace gorgeous also.

Now I know why you are missing! :)

BARESTUDY (Janelle) said...

great photos and i'm definitely jealous. haha. i wish to visit vietnam too some day. it's just too expensive to fly all the way to the other side. haha.

anyway, thanks for droppin by. hope you follow my blog too. thanks dear!

Janelle
http://barestudy.blogspot.com

Kookie B. said...

Noelle!!!!!!!!!! I've missed you and your posts!!! You look so fresh and amazing (as always!) here. How come that vintage shirt looks so great on you??? I'm sure, if ako maguot niyan, I'll look so...vintage! Hahaha!

I'll see you on the FaceHunter event, k?

:)

inkarlcerating said...

i miss u noelle! grabe kaw na nag ttravel! sana nagheels ka gurl!
hehe

Noelle Chantal said...

at Kookie:

Yes, I'll see you then. Excited nako Kookie haha!!


at Karl:

Yup, I packed my 2 monster shoes! The other one, dapat I will wear for this outfit. But grabe not advisable for walking 'cause we walked kilometers for touring. That's why I used my ballet flats instead. hehe

I miss you too Karl! :)

Sweet said...

wow...love the entire outfit especially the cape...and I can't believe that your dress is thrifted whhahaha...I so envy you...

have fun babe and can't wait for more vietnam photos

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens

Lee Oliveira said...

It will be my next destination..
Looks like you are having heaps of fun
LOx

Anonymous said...

You're the very first person I've seen in this entire blogosphere who had the guts to wear that HAT with flair. Fresh and inspiring!

A.n.E said...

Welcome back girl, we missed ya! It looks like hell lot of fun, love that your brought your quirk with you even on your travels. Can't wait to see more!

xx

Anonymous said...

These photos are all so amazing! It looks like such a perfect getaway. And I had no idea that there was a place called Ho Chi Minh City! That's so coincidental because I actually studied him in high school. I love that you've worn the Chinese top as a cape around your thrifted leather dress - it looks gorgeous. (:

http://kissbangsnap.blogspot.com

K A T H L E E N said...

very beautiful photos!

Jan said...

The colours in these shots are so stunning and vibrant! AMAZING!! Looks like quite an adventure :)

Vertiginoso said...

I truly understand your Crush for this historical City AND have to confess that I am not surprised by the way your pictures prettily / mischievously reflect its colorful vibrancy Chère Noelle !!!
ps: J'espère que tu vas Bien !!!

à Bientôt, Antoine

Vanessa said...

I love the rope-like look of your necklace!
And that top/as cape? Perfection, beautiful, and bold!
Love it and I love your colorful photos of the city! It makes me feel like I was traveling right along with you.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog earlier!

Sample Travel Blog said...

hello noelle! i know it's been a long time! but i really do plan to be more consistent!!! go get that rockn' shoes!

Unknown said...

missed you. i knew it! when you're silent, you're away. and am right.

you look so gorgeous. always.

Cherie said...

beautiful pictures.. you always inspire me :) missed your posts!

SabinePsynopsis said...

What a beautiful city! I'm glad you are enjoying yourself - your outfit is stunning and I do love the hat.

Heart Charlie said...

Awesome photos! these are so fun and colorful, wish I could travel right now ;)

noone said...

nice pictures, your outfit looks so colorful and I wish I can travel!

LyddieGal said...

I love your yellow necklace, so pretty!

Chic on the Cheap

Aisa.Paxie said...

Hey Noelle!=D Long time no post ha!:) Nice photos btw. Oh!And how much did you pay for the tuktuk ride? I went there last April and OMG I had a fight with one of them coz it was so overpriced! Lol. Cute outfit though!

I DRESS-UP AND SLEEP said...

hi noelle i have been visiting your blog and i am always enthralled by your travels. a your latest travel to vietnam and cambodia is just so amazing. i would like to ask some questions, if you don't mind. I am really interested in going to this countries. how did you get there ( like via a travel agency), is it a costly travel? but then for sure it's worth it right? hope you would help me through this, if you have time and it would be ok, please email me at 27chic@gmail.com
thank you so much and more power! i'm following your blog and adding you to my blog roll.